(26 kms, 1300 metres of ascent) - with shorter 16km option
A short drive brings us to this epic run starting with a warm up through idyllic pine forest before a tough 600 metre ascent alongside the incredible limestone cliffs of the Ponoche (the sleeping lion). The view from the top of the climb of the dramatic peak of the Puig Campana and the Mediterranean sea are ample reward for the effort expended. Next a superb traverse for 2kms before crossing into the Valleys of Tranquility (an area of Buddhist retreats).
A short refuelling break here will allow you to take in the vistas over the forests and rugged mountain scenery before continuing on the varied route of paths and tracks with a couple of shorter climbs before the final 7kms of mainly downhill running complete the circuit. Afterwards we can visit the historic town of Polop for a cold drink (even a beer!) before returning to Abdet.
- Amazing rock scenery Amazing rock scenery
- The mighty cliffs of the Ponoig The mighty cliffs of the Ponoig
- A steep climb before a long gradual descent A steep climb before a long gradual descent
- A happy group A happy group
- Heading towards the Puig Campana Heading towards the Puig Campana
- The giant rock slab at the Col de Llam The giant rock slab at the Col de Llam
- Almond blossom Almond blossom
- Heading back after a great days running Heading back after a great days running