Costa Blanca Cols - Road Cycling Holiday
Other dates available for small groups of 3 or more.
Extend your cycling season with a week of November cycling in the spectacular Costa Blanca Mountains. Whilst other cyclists are getting out there turbo trainers and Watt Bikes there is the opportunity to get some quality miles in on the immaculate Alpine style roads of the Costa Blanca.
We take in many of the classic cols including the Puerto Tudons, Col de Rates, Puerto Ares, Puerto do Benifallim, Caresqueta, and more.
The area is ideal for road cycling - it is hilly but many of the gradients are gentle (Alpine style switch backs). The ascents and decents can take an hour or more, and are very rewarding. In general the other road users will give you great respect which can come as a pleasant surprise. On some days you see more cyclists than cars and many professional and amateur cycling teams have training weeks in the area. We can provide or assist with bike hire, please contact us for details.
Your holiday includes:
- Accommodation in the beautiful mountain village of Abdet
- Rides from 45 to 80 miles (usually 1,000 feet of ascent per 10 miles).
- All food (except one evening meal) - good home cooking!
- Beer, wine, soft drinks.
- Snacks and post run treats
- Packed lunches & drinks (apart from cafe/bar visits)
- Expert guiding available on most rides with routes to suit your ability
- Photos/videos of your days on the road
- Cost £600 per person for the week based on two sharing.
- Airport pickup/return £30 each way
- We have one rest day (optional swim, walk or visit to local villages)